I spent a portion of the day yesterday thinking of all the things we’ve had to deal with recently due to the inappropriate actions of a certain individual:
- We had our daughter’s first ever visit to us tainted in a very serious way.
- We’ve had to rely upon friends so that we wouldn’t be homeless.
- We had to box up all of our possessions and pay to have them shipped from the Virgin Islands.
- We’ve had to live out of a small bag of carry-on clothes from the time we left the boat. This will continue until the time when our stuff arrives, still more than a week away.
- We still have not been paid for our last charter.
- We have not had any terms established for the payment of the large bonus that was promised to us (we were given 10% of the boat as a bonus at the end of the last season).
- We have lost the income that we would have made during the eight remaining charters that we had booked, charters that were booked largely because of us as crew!
Am I bitter? You’d better believe it! In spite of all this, we are trying to keep our heads up and our eyes on the ball. Huge thanks to our friends, near and far!!!