Eating paleo for a week
This week we have 3 guests who eat primarily a Paleo diet. This is a new one for me but I managed to adjust my usual charter menu to one that would satisfy our customers and so far, after 5 days, my meals seem to have been a hit. The truth is that many of the meals that I make for Mike and I when we are not on charter follow closely to a Paleo diet. I would, however, never say that we are on any specific diet though since we don’t really follow all the ‘rules’ that govern any specific one. We still believe in the D.E.C. Diet and just limit our intake of other foods that fall into the ‘not-so-good’ category.
Here is one of the breakfast meals I made this week:
Paleo Huevos Rancheros!
- Sweet potatoes (1/2 – 1 potato per plate depending on the appetites of those who are eating it)
- Eggs (1 or 2 per plate)
- Salsa (1/2 cup per plate)
- Turkey bacon (2 slices per plate)
- Avocados (1/2 per plate)
- Cook the potatoes and mash them. I cut them up into pieces and boiled them in water for about 10 minutes to cook them.
- Cook bacon and cut up into pieces.
- Put the mashed potatoes on a plate and form into a circle by fattening it out as thin as you want.
- Sprinkle the cut up pieces of bacon on top.
- Fry an egg (or two) and place on top of the bacon.
- Top it with some salsa and avocado and… voila!
I actually think I liked it better than regular Huevos rancheros.