The days of the week in Grenada
While traveling from Canada to Grenada, we renamed all days of the week Sameday, due to our observation that there really was no difference from day to day, for us anyway. Here in Grenada though, with its Georgetown-like* organization of events, we’ve come to think of days as follows:
- Sun (Beach Party) Day – at Roger’s Beach.
- Mon (Nothing) Day – Nothings happens on Mondays. Weird.
- Tues (Movie) Day – At Clarke’s Court Bay Marina – We don’t typically attend.
- Wed (Burger) Day – Also at CCB Marina – A fun party generally follows it.
- Thurs (VolleyBall) Day – We actually play on other days too, but Thursday is a standard.
- Fri (Pizza) Day – again at Roger’s Beach. Home made pizza by Mary!
- Satur (Hash) Day – To burn off all the pizza, burgers and beer!
Can you guess where we were yesterday?
Of course, special things do pop up, like the previously mentioned Dinghy concert. Here is a new video that the concert’s organizers just posted about that event. Fun times!
*Georgetown in the Exumas is famous for its full schedule of events, giving it a summer-camp like feel. Some hate it but many more love it, which is likely why it is such a popular stopping point.