Here’s a challenge for you! This is a workout we used at our gym and it not only got people sweating, it also promoted a bit of friendly competition and some strategizing.
The Warrior Workout challenge is as follows:
- Set your timer for 10 minutes.
- The objective is to score as many points as you can.
- You earn points by doing as many burpees, push ups and squats as you can during that time.
- Burpees count as 5 points.
- Push ups count as 2 points.
- Squats count as 1 point.
*You will likely need a partner to keep score for you as doing it on your own is difficult.
- Burpees may be worth the most points but it is unlikely that you will be able to continue that exercise for the entire 10 minutes non-stop.
- Doing only squats probably won’t tire you as much but you won’t earn as many points.
- Push ups will tire your arms but will give your legs a break.
Try different strategies to help you to earn more points each time you do it, or make it a competition with a partner(s).