Ha! Those little mosquito brains are no match for Rebecca and I. Our sealing up the vent area on the hatch seemed to do the trick.
This morning we worked on a few boat tasks. First we installed a new magnetic spice rack that we found at Canadian Tire. This will save us quite a bit of counter/cupboard space, and looks pretty cool too.
Next I spent some time tending to the rigging as Hub suggested. First, I taped over all of the exposed cotter pins on the shrouds (note the pretty, shiny, bird-scaring pom pom, which does actually appear to work).
Next, I tightened and tied off every shackle that I could find on the boat. As least we shouldn’t have any major rigging failures if we make it out sailing tomorrow.
While I was doing the above Rebecca was working to organize the galley. Because Katana has a top-loading refrigerator it is taking a bit of organization to make its use efficient. To save power we don’t want to have it open for long periods of time. Getting at stuff hidden at the bottom is the challenge we are working on.