How to use a Prusik knot as a backup when mast climbing
As a follow up to yesterday’s post about using a Prusik knot as a backup when climbing the mast on a sailboat, here is a video demonstrating how it all comes together. The video includes:
- How to create a Prusik loop using a double fisherman’s bend
- How to tie a Prusik knot on a backup halyard
- How to tie into your harness or bosun’s chair with a figure 8 retrace
- How to attach the Prusik knot to your harness
- Demonstration of how it functions
Please feel free to comment and share, and be sure to check out this post for extra details on the technique that the video illustrates.