Today is the day!
Today is the day. Today our first charter begins. How did we end up here? Here is a very brief timeline:
- December 2011: Michael Eckert, One Love’s owner, first makes contact with us via email.
- August 2012: After more than 6 months of discussion, we invite Michael to visit us on ZTC. Together we charter a Leopard 4600 in Grenada and go sailing on it for a few days.
- March 2013: Rebecca and I sail to Tortola to oversee the survey and sea trial of the boat that would ultimately be re-christened One Love.
- June 2013: We haul out ZTC and store her on the hard at Grenada Marine, after which we fly to Colorado to visit with Michael and travel to California to visit our daughter and granddaughter.
- July 2013: We fly to Tortola with Michael to take possession of One Love and sail her to Grenada via St. Maarten.
- August-October 2013: We oversee the refit of One Love.
- November 2013: After delivering the boat back to the USVI, we participate in the charter boat show.
- November 2013: Following the show and a brief island tour with Michael and his girlfriend Julie, we provision, clean, provision some more and clean some more to make sure that One Love is more than ready for our guests’ arrival.
- Today: The fun begins! Andy, Tracey, Alicia and Ryan… we’re waiting for you.
This image is a snapshot I took of a postcard that our friends Terry and Anneke gave to us as we departed Kingston in 2010. Note that they were the only two people who came to see us off. Of course we saved their cards!