Red Tape :(
What better way to spend a cold(ish) and dreary morning than by doing paperwork. Yes, we have been procrastinating a bit on this but only because there are so many more fun things to do! The volume of forms that we need to complete before going cruising seems immense.
- Application for Registry form – to register name
- Declaration of Ownership forms (needs to be notarized!) – also to register name
- Appointment of Authorized Representative form – yes, you got it… also to register name
- Dinghy license forms – yes, we hear IT needs to be licensed too!
- Maritime Mobile Radio Station license forms – of course
- MMSI number application forms – for DSC radio
- Cruising decal forms (don’t have this one yet) – to cruise in the US
We still need to sort out the issue of the tonnage survey for our registration. I have a couple of emails out looking for assistance/clarification. Hopefully we get some good news saying that we can somehow get around that requirement.