Passage Planning 101
We, and countless other boaters, have been patiently waiting for an opportunity to head south. Well, it looks like tomorrow might be the day. I guarantee we will not be the only boat on the move!
Passage Planning 101:
Distance to travel from Rodney Bay, St. Lucia to St. Georges, Grenada: 132 nm
Wind source 1 (time illustrated is about half way through the passage)
Wave source 1 (time illustrated is about half way through the passage)
Wind and Wave source 2 (location illustrated is about half way through the passage)
- Distance to travel: 132 nm
- Estimated Speed: 5 knots
- Time: 132 / 5 = 26.4 hours
- Planned Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Clear out with Customs and Immigration
- Clean boat bottom
- Ensure all systems are functioning properly*
- Secure tender/engine and other items for passage
- Chill out!
If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll be able to capture some more footage for another awesome sailing video!
*Our port engine is not functioning perfectly but we’ll deal with that when we get to Grenada.