Made the swap
At this moment, the wind is blowing, and the rain is teeming down. While the boats at anchor around us are, in some cases, having their ground tackle tested, I have no concern that our boat is going to move. Why? Because we’re now lying to our big bad Mantus anchor.
Yesterday morning, Rebecca and I moved Frost over to Port Louis Marina to take a spot on one of their docks to make the anchor switch. Using a halyard to lift the heavy anchors, Rebecca and I were able to make the change over by ourselves with little drama. As we expected though, the anchor was not a perfect fit on the boat. Due to the shape of the Maramu’s bow pulpit, when we attempted to draw the anchor in tight, the large roll bar made contact with the forward rail before it was in a perfect position to be secured. While there are a few things we could do to address this situation, we have pretty much decided that the best solution is to have that forward piece of stainless rail modified.
In the meantime, we have removed the roll bar, and have anchored perfectly without it. For those who are curious, the subject of anchoring without the roll bar is addressed on the Mantus Anchor website.
Last night’s sunset. Really liking our new camera!