Jogging is not something I do that often. I do however, enjoy it once in a while as it gives me a chance to get off the boat and explore new places in a quick amount of time. I take the opportunity to find out where the stores are, laundromats, post office, bank, etc. and at the same time, get a bit of a cardio workout in.
To make things a little more interesting while out for a jog, I sometimes like to add in other things to break up the monotony. The following are some examples of things that I have done:
- Wind sprints: Sprint 50 – 100 yards then jog 50 – 100 yards. Repeat 10-20 times.
- Hill sprints: Find a hill to sprint up then jog back down and repeat 10-20 times.
- Sprints & calisthenics: Sprint 50 – 100 yards, do a set of calisthenics (like pushups, squats, etc), then jog 50 – 100 yards and repeat 10-20 times.
- Calisthenic breaks: Jog 8 minutes, do a set of 4 different calisthenics for 30 seconds each, then repeat 3-6 times.
- Alternate movements: Instead of just jogging forwards, try jogging backwards, side shuffle, hop, jump, high knees, kick ups, etc. for short distances.