It’s never easy!
Man we are having fun. I should point out though that we also consider full-contact sparring to be fun from time to time too! Today’s fun involved trying to find a slip for our new boat (we are thinking positively that the sale will go through as planned). We have long read that a challenge with Catamarans is finding a slip wide enough to accommodate them. We assumed that because the beam on a PDQ 32 is only 16′ it wouldn’t be such as issue. Ha ha!
Here is where we checked today:
- Portsmouth Olympic Harbour – Our first choice. 2 possible spots, neither of which are great
- Confederation Basin – ha ha, um, no, full!
- Kingston Marina – nope, also full
- Blue Woods Marina – 1 possible spot, going to see them tomorrow
- Collin’s Bay Marina – also 1 possible spot, going to see them tomorrow too
Of course, these issues are only relevant if the boat sale goes through (if it doesn’t I am going to delete all of these posts so that I don’t look like a tool). Our surveyor, who now knows of our plans to take the boat south, has promised a very thorough survey. We are quite confident though that he won’t find much, if anything bad to say about Katana. But what the hell do we know?
He has also offered to have a chat with us about life in the Caribbean as he spent several years there running charters. Awesome!
Collin’s Bay Marina